When a relationship between two parents breaks down and ends in divorce or dissolution, child maintenance is usually arranged where regular financial support is paid by one parent to the other to help with the everyday living costs of a child. Parents broadly have two options to sort this out; either reach an agreement together or have someone else help to resolve the situation.

As a police officer, you may have children who are under 16 or under 20 and still in full-time school or college education, if this is the case then child maintenance needs to be arranged. It’s ideal if things can be resolved amicably but this isn’t always the case. Our highly experienced solicitors are on hand to provide you with expert legal advice to make sure the future of your child or children is secure.

We fully understand how stressful and emotive this time can be for you, but our police law specialists handle each case sensitively and with care. There are a number of pathways to help resolve child maintenance issues and the one you choose depends on your individual situation and the advice we give as a result of this.

If you’re a member of the police and you’re looking for support with child maintenance issues, contact Gorvins today and our expert solicitors will help you find the best solution.

Call us on 0161 930 5151  or email us at police.divorce@gorvins.com to get started

Meet the Police Law Team

Find out why our clients recommend us

  • I found Miss Fraser to be a super solicitor for me. She was very realistic... ...Graham Swain, Lancashire Police

  • Kerry made me feel valued as a client, always returned my calls and... ...Detective Constable, Nottinghamshire Police

Read Full Testimonial

Let our legal experts contact you

Legal matters our Police Law experts can help you with

Latest Blog Posts

Divorce Centres Feeling The Strain

This time last year Bury St Edmunds Divorce Centre was created to centralise the divorce ...

Read article
Contact us today!