At Gorvins Solicitors we understand that Armed Forces members often need specialist legal advice due to their unique situations. Our Armed Forces team offer a first rate service with an approachable, friendly and thoughtful attitude. They have many years’ experience in dealing with military personnel and their families through a variety of legal matters.

Our team are able to assist you on any aspect of family law, from matters involving children to complicated divorce proceedings with pension issues. We have acted for a number of military personnel throughout the country and will be able to help you too. To have an initial talk with one of our solicitors, call us on 0161 930 5151.

Military Divorce

Getting in touch with a solicitors can be daunting process for some, but at Gorvins we offer a different, more personal approach. We pride ourselves in offering a first class service to make our clients feel as comfortable as possible at an undoubtedly stressful and testing time. For most, dealing with the legal system is extremely limited; divorce is one of a few occasions you may need to get in touch. Our specialised team recognise this and therefore offer jargon-free advice during all of our cases to make the process as simple as possible.

In many ways a military and civilian divorce follow the same legal proceedings, however, there are a number of aspects that can make a military divorce a more complex procedure, which makes getting legal advice from an expert all the more important. Such complexities include:

  • The military pension system
  • Relocation and living in military accommodation
  • Boarding school allowance and minimum parental contribution for school costs

Resolving Child Matters

Our team can also provide you with specialist advice if you are facing other difficult family situations, including child arrangements and disputes. It is a common occurrence for military families to be relocated to a new post in England or Wales with little notice. When you are separated from your partner, but have a child together, it may be difficult to agree on contact times and arrangements. Without an agreement, a Child Arrangement Order can be made at court setting out specific contact times; our lawyers can help you with this due to our confidential, professional and understanding approach, enabling us to get the very best result for you.

If you require our expert services, please call us on 0161 930 5151 for an initial consultation with one of our specialist family and matrimonial solicitors. You can also email us at our dedicated address: or fill in our enquiry form online.

Let our legal experts contact you

Meet the Military & Armed Forces team

  • Nicola Fraser

    Partner & Head of Family

    View profile
  • Gary Boyd

    Partner & Head of Military & Serious Sports Injury Claims

    View profile

Legal matters our Military & Armed Forces experts can help you with

Latest News

Gorvins Military Personal Injury Team recognised in the annual Legal 500 rankings

Gorvins Military Personal Injury Team recognised in the annual Legal 500 rankings

Read article

Latest Blog Posts

Remembrance Sunday

Remembrance Day

Read article
Contact us today!