When people discover they are expecting a child, they often have questions which run through their minds: Will my career be affected? How will my employer react? Will my job be safe? What am I entitled to whilst on maternity leave? How long am I legally allowed to take?
— Judith Moritz (@JudithMoritz) August 31, 2016
Danielle Ayres, our specialist Maternity and Pregnancy Discrimination Solicitor, understands how stressful it can be when you are faced with a difficult situation at work during pregnancy, whilst on maternity leave or upon return to work.
As a Mum herself, she will be able relate to your situation and work with you to achieve the best outcome for you and your family.
Through experience, we know that there are many issues that can arise with your employer on your return to work and more often than not people are not aware of their rights. Common situations that expectant or new mothers face include:
- Discrimination/ unfavourable treatment as a result of their pregnancy, a pregnancy related illness or taking maternity leave
- Problems when asking to returning part-time or on a flexible working basis
- Their position being made redundant whilst they are on maternity leave, or on their return to work;
- Being dismissed after they return;
- Being presented with a Settlement Agreement.
Whatever your situation, Danielle can offer sympathetic and specialist legal advice.
Employment Law Surgery
Danielle’s FREE employment law surgery gives you chance to discuss Maternity and Pregnancy discrimination issues you are experiencing at work.
When… Every 3 weeks
Where… Gorvins Solicitors
Call us today on 0161 930 5117 to find out more information and to book an appointment. Alternatively, fill out the contact form on this page and we will call you back.