The procedure will be as follows where (as in most cases) the proceedings are not defended:
1. The Civil Partnership has “irretrievably broken down” to be supported by reliance of one of the following facts:
a. The Respondent has behaved unreasonably and the Petitioner cannot be expected to continue living with them.
b. The Respondent has deserted the Petitioner.
c. The parties have lived separate and apart for at least two years and both consent to the dissolution.
d. The parties have lived separate and apart for at least five years.
2. The Petitioner’s Solicitor prepares the Dissolution papers – the Dissolution Petition and (where there are children) Statement of Arrangements for Children.
3. The Dissolution papers are issued at Court and served on the Respondent.
4. The Respondent acknowledges receipt by filing an Acknowledgement of Service at Court.
5. The Petitioner files at Court an Affidavit (Sworn Statement) and applies for a Conditional Order.
6. A District Judge considers the papers and if satisfied will list a date for the Conditional Order to be pronounced.
7. The Conditional Order is pronounced and if relevant a Costs Order may be made.
8. Six weeks after the Conditional Order, the Petitioner can apply to Court for the final order.
9. The final order is pronounced by the Court and the Civil Partnership is dissolved.
NOTE: The above procedure is separate to resolving the financial aspects of the Dissolution. The financial aspects may or may not have been resolved by the time the final order is made.
I really appreciated the professional, sensitive and polite manner... ...Sofia Zafar from London
My divorce has been one of the most difficult periods of my life and... ...NHS Worker from Manchester
Nicola and the family law team at Gorvins are the most amazing... ...Mrs. Charlotte Soloman from Manchester
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Nicola for all the... ...Mrs. Claire Dalgliesh
I was recommended to Sally by a friend because he said Sally had... ...Anon, Manchester
I would like to thank you for making the whole process painless. Really... ...Mrs B. Manchester
I also wanted to express my heartfelt gratitude for your outstanding... ...Deborah, Stockport
I have been more than satisfied with the way my case was handled... ...Ms. Linda Gibson, Davyhulme
Linzi has been an outstanding practitioner throughout my case. Her... ...David Gibson
I contacted Linzi Perriman, Gorvins 'family' Solicitor, for advice and... ...Laurence Martlew
Gorvins Solicitors have promoted Nicola Fraser to be its new Head of Family and Matrimonial law
Local councils have issued a warning about domestic abuse as the Euro 2020 kicks off