Contact Gorvins today E-mail us at : Contact us today on : 0161 930 5151

Noisy neighbour disputes are on the rise causing a spike in claims across the UK and disagreements among neighbours and the middle England community. Whether its the barking dogs, screaming children, loud music or DIY and household chores at an unsavoury hour, Britain’s noise disputes are at an all time high.

Danielle Clements, specialist dispute lawyer at Gorvins Solicitors recently spoke to the Daiily Mail on how people can turn to the law if they are suffering from noisy neighbours or noise-related issues in their community.

“Work on building sites and DIY should take place between 7.30am and 6pm on weekdays and 8.30am and 2pm on Saturdays and not at all on Sunday’s or bank holidays. The laws regarding noise and nuisance are standard and governed by the Environmental Protection Act 1990. You can report noise to your council.

With building work the construction company could apply in advance for consent from the council. However if they don’t, then the council could serve a notice. If the company fails to comply, they can be prosecuted and fined.

It is important to note though that statutory noise nuisance laws do not apply to noise from traffic and planes and demonstrations.”

Read the full article here.

If you have a noise related issue or would like to discuss a potential claim you can contact Danielle on 0161 930 5278.